Pineapples are one of my favorite fruits and I find that when I eat a lot of it, I see a clear difference in my skin. I've learned that fruits high in vitamin C tend to give my face and body an incredible glow, so i went a little crazy and looked up all of the ways I could benefit from adding more pineapples to my beauty, health and fitness regimen.
With high amounts of Vitamin C, Pineapples are perfect to brighten and soften skin when used topically. It is known to improve the appearance and texture of the skin, while also toning and helping to naturally even out the skintone; thus giving you a glow.
Here are a few ways to incorporate pineapples into your beauty routine:
1- Night Night Pineapple Honey Facial: Gently exfoliate and blast moisture to your skin.
- Combine ½ cup of fresh pineapples.
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Blend 1 tablespoon of honey in a blender and mix until a paste is formed.
- Spread evenly on your clean face and decollete area .
- Relax for 10 minutes, rinse and enjoy.
The honey and olive oil serve as a moisture surge to the skin so you don’t need to apply any additional moisturizers. I do this facial every 2 weeks and always see a nice difference.
2- Pineapple Body Polish: This recipe is super simple, cheap and gives your body a full quick exfoliation and all you need is a fresh pineapple.
- Before getting into the shower cut one half of the pineapple into 4 wedges.
- Rub the flesh of a wedge or 2 from the neck down.
- Wait one minute then rinse off in the shower.
- Repeat the same steps in the shower with the remaining pineapples.
- Follow up with your choice of soap to rinse off to reveal silky smooth glowing skin.
I do this treatment every week and right before shaving. It helps to get my skin feeling like satin.
3- Pineapple/Grapefruit Foot Treatment: This is one of my favorite treatments i've discovered because who doesnt want pretty feet?
Here is a list of what you’ll need:
- ½ cup of chopped fresh pineapple
- ½ peeled lemon
- ¼ peeled chopped grapefruit
- 1 tablespoon of salt
This might seem like a lot of products but i promise it is so worth it. You will thank me later as this treatment is known to smooth out your feet by getting rid of all the icky dry skin on the feet and also remove calluses.
A Pineapple foot treatment can help slough away flaky and calloused skin, leaving feet smoother and brighter.
- Start with one-half cup of chopped pineapple
- Then chop and mix in one-half peeled lemon
- One-half unpeeled apple
- One-quarter peeled grapefruit
- One teaspoon of salt
- Two teaspoons of anise extract
- Rub the mixture all over your feet, giving extra attention to heels, as the skin there tends to harden easily.
- Wrap your feet in plastic or tie plastic bags over them.
- After 20 or 30 minutes, remove and rinse. The salt and fruit enzymes help exfoliate and soften skin while the anise, a licorice extract, soothes, fights swelling and contains natural healing agents.
FIT NOTE- Vitamin C fruits and juices are proven to help people lose fat and maintain healthy weight. Popular dieticians and nutritionists always include Vitamin C fruits and vegetables in diet charts because there is scientific evidence that shows that eating Vitamin C rich foods on a regular basis helps to lose weight significantly. Doctors have found that eating vitamin C fruits lowers insulin, thus instead of storing sugar and converting them to fats, it uses it as a fuel that leads to weight loss.
How do you use pineapples for your everyday beauty? Tell us in the comments below!